Friends! Family! Kingdom partners! 🇨🇩
I thought I’d give you a quick non-comprehensive overview of life and prayer requests:
– I’m currently in the United States 🇺🇸, FL, where I attended Overland Missions’ ONE TRIBE conference. It was a wonderful time of drawing together with missionaries from all over the world to hear from different speakers (most of whom are on Overland Missions’ board of directors) such as Dr. Leon van Rooyen, Dr. Rodney Howard Brown, Jake Schwertfeger, and founder and CEO of Overland Missions, Dr. Phillip Smethurst. You can watch these sessions by tuning in to Overland Missions on YouTube or follow one of the links that I posted early in January.
– this past week I was able to spend some good team time with around 113 of the nearly 200 fulltime missionaries that serve Overland Missions. What a spectacular time of celebrating together the Work of God in the nations, building team, and casting vision!
Some of the places we visited are epi-centres for Voodoo and witchcraft, yet we found people who are hungry for Truth and Love, who are willing and ready to receive the Gospel.
Turks and Caicos Islands🇹🇨
Dominican Republic 🇩🇴
– this week I’ll be doing MPD training as part of launching into career missions. MPD is an abbreviation for Ministry Partnership Development, which basically means building a team of partners — spiritual, financial, relational, and functional (in só many ways) that support fulltime missionaries out in the field. You are receiving these messages and updates as a part of that team! What an incredible honour it is to run with you. If you have not yet received a personal invitation from me to share more about the plans and vision I have for the Democratic Republic of Congo, and how you can be a part of that, let me know! I would love to share more about that in person!
– I didn’t have network coverage while I was out at sea this past week, and earlier this morning I received news that my cousin’s two year old daughter was killed in a tragic accident on Thursday. Please keep my family in your prayers during this time.
– I will (DV) be in the States until the end of the month, and then I’ll make my way over to Mozambique 🇲🇿 to meet up with the wonderful DRC team! I would appreciate prayers for travel mercies and safety.
– while out at sea I picked up a cold and I’d love for you to stand in agreement for healing since my sore throat is a bothersome impediment to the speaking engagements I have this coming week.
– today, as we took a walk to the Indian River, which separates Cocoa and Merritt Island, I saw a horseshoe crab burrow in the shallow water, we also had the opportunity to pray with and lead a young man to Christ, and had a wonderful time of worship at sunset.
You are such a treasured and valued part of my team! Your financial support, your prayers, your time, and your partnership, mobilises me to run to the nations with the Good News of the Gospel. Thank you for linking arms with me, to carry this Message to those who have never heard it before.
If there is any particular way that I can pray for you and support you, please let me know!
Love in Christ,